Costs are up, wages are not. Particularly in Philadelphia, where residents earning the local minimum wage of $7.25 an hour haven’t seen an increase in more than 13 years.
It’s tough for many Americans to make ends meet this summer, with inflation raising prices of everything from groceries to gas. This month, the inflation rate in the City of Brotherly Love is at 8.8%, the highest year over year increase in more than four decades.
Pros can increase their earnings
In Philadelphia, the average hourly pay rate on the Instawork platform is $16.69, more than double the state’s minimum wage. More than 120,000 people in Philadelphia have already downloaded the Instawork app and are working to staff business locations across the metro area.
Hourly workers who are ready to become an Instawork Pro can easily download the app, create a profile, find a shift that matches their skills and interests, and start working in as little as 24 hours. Pros can find shifts in the hospitality, retail, and warehouse/logistics.
Hourly professionals using Instawork experience:
- Work flexibility: build schedules around personal lives and income goals
- Financial stability - view shift earnings before you work
- Unlimited income potential: work as little or as much as you want
- Get paid quickly: ability to get paid the same day with Instapay
- Unique and exciting work opportunities
Common roles in Philadelphia include general labor, warehouse associates, event servers, concessions, bartenders, retail associates, and custodial positions.
Businesses are matched with skilled Pros
High quality, reliable Instawork Pros are matched with businesses, Instawork Partners, to fill available shifts and deliver valuable services.
The Instawork platform uses over 30 data points to best match Pros with businesses that need their skills and experience. We also encourage both hourly workers and businesses to rate each other on a five-star scale after each shift to help match future shifts with those who are best qualified.
Businesses that rely on Instawork Pros range from nationally-recognized hotels and restaurant groups to some of the city’s favorite local hot spots. Instawork is also proud to staff over half of the baseball stadiums across the country, including in Philadelphia.
Businesses using Instawork experience:
- Quick access to qualified workers in their community
- Improved operational efficiency with quality and reliable staffing
- Increased customer loyalty due happier staff and better experiences
- Time saved on administrative tasks, returning focus to other top priorities
If you’re interested in learning how Instawork can help staff your business, complete the form below. Hourly workers looking to build a flexible work schedule can visit www.instawork.com or download the app to learn more.