Bring together the perfect combination of workers
With the holidays around the corner, hospitality businesses are gearing up for a deluge of events – holiday parties, family get-togethers, corporate events, and more. After a couple of challenging years when employment in hospitality was well below its pre-pandemic level, businesses are looking forward to a more normal season. But not everything is going back to the way it was; the labor market has many more options for workers and businesses alike.
Using these options is the key to assembling a reliable staff that can flex to meet demand. That's why we've brought together three luminaries from the world of catering and food service to discuss how they put together winning teams. On November 21 at 1 pm EST, we'll be joined by these great speakers for a lively panel discussion and Q&A:
Building a team for the holidays and beyond
Creating a team is a multistage process that's never completely finished. We'll break down the process and talk about how to improve decision-making at every stage. These are a few of the topics we'll be discussing on November 21:
Strategy and planning
- How do you plan ahead for seasonal changes in demand?
- What sort of personnel structure should you try to build for each event?
- How can you figure out the right mix of permanent and temporary workers?
Talent identification and recruiting
- How do you quickly assess skills for kitchen and bar staff?
- What are the most telling kinds of experience for front-of-the-house staff?
- What jobs are suitable for people without prior experience?
Management and retention
- What sort of feedback loop can you create, even among temporary workers?
- How can you ensure that people will stay with you for multiple events during the season?
- How can you identify people who could be candidates for permanent hires?
You'll also have the chance to ask your own questions during our Q&A. Whether you work at a single-location restaurant or a national food service operator, you're sure to pick up some valuable insights about staffing from these experts. Sign up today to reserve your place!