Tasks to be performed:
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
No parking available
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event set up/takedown role refers to a laborer whose primary responsibility is preparing for a larger scale event.
Event Setup and Takedown responsibilities:
At all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, fellow associates and management. Ensure the correct and timely setup of all Banquet Event Order (BEO) functions which includes meeting rooms, breaks, audio visual and other equipment. Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, floors, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc. Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meeting or food service functions. Breakdown banquet space after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly. Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment. Refresh meeting rooms as needed and notify management of any hazards. Perform other duties as requested by management.