Tasks to be performed:
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
Parking available, not free
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event set up/takedown role refers to a laborer whose primary responsibility is preparing for a larger scale event.
Event Setup and Takedown responsibilities:
Set-up event halls, the Arena, lobbies and other assigned areas. Perform set-up and tear down of tables; arrange chairs, stages (risers) and moveable walls for scheduled events and shows. Provide basic maintenance services Perform general cleaning of inside and outside windows, doors, walls, tables, chairs, escalators and elevators. Check and clean parking lots and stairwells; sweep and steam pavers and surrounding facility exterior. Perform cleaning and maintenance on all types of interior floors including tile, terrazzo wood and carpeting; dry and wet mop, strip, scrub, wax and polish flooring; vacuum assigned area. Operate scrubbers, steam cleaner, vacuum cleaner, forklift and electric carts when required. Notify supervisory staff of any identified safety concerns. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required