Tasks to be performed:
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
Parking available, not free
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event set up/takedown role refers to a laborer whose primary responsibility is preparing for a larger scale event.
Event Setup and Takedown responsibilities:
Set up and take down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables and other equipment for the successful execution of events. Ensure all rooms are set to the specifications on the BEO in a timely manner. Maintain a strong knowledge of various types of set-up. Operates equipment, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines, extractors or other light power-driven equipment Prepare room environment such as lighting and temperature. Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards. Maintain and repair event equipment. Transport equipment to and from offsite storage, as is necessary. Maintain the driver log and load sheets, reporting missing or damaged items Adhere to property dock/loading and security procedures and policies Complete all required paperwork, monitor for accuracy and consistency Report to Supervisor any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of any equipment or function areas. Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor. Accommodates special customer needs, hanging banners for meetings and food/beverage functions. Follows through on lost and found procedures. Attend and participate in planning, training, and staff meetings. Report to work when scheduled, on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Perform last minute changes as requested by any management regarding event setup, meeting rooms, event exhibits/displays, or equipment adjustment
Cleans function rooms prior to set-up. Provides debris removal and other general labor activities. Assists with all set-up functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/décor. Work as a heavy duty laborer or handyman Must be able to communicate and maintain a positive relationship with culinary and stewarding staff. Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location. Assists the banquet servers/captains with clearing of tables as needed. Perform general maintenance and janitorial duties as needed. Assist clients and facility visitors as needed. Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals. Assists with various department and organization projects and special assignments as needed. Position may be required to work across a wide variety of weather conditions. Work as food runners to refill buffet stations