Tasks to be performed:
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
Parking available, not free
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event set up/takedown role refers to a laborer whose primary responsibility is preparing for a larger scale event.
Event Setup and Takedown responsibilities:
Perform all tasks outlined on banquet event orders, set up sheet, and cleaning schedules. Perform the cleaning, safe movement, and storage of china, glass, silver, tables, chairs, and housekeeping wares. Utilize proper cleaning supplies for equipment and fixtures, and ensure proper techniques are utilized in the cleaning of such equipment. Assist in the coordination and delivery of all items needed prior to and during special events. Maintain an organized and hazard free work area at all times and post the appropriate safety materials (i.e., wet floor signs) as required. Perform and practice the proper lifting, moving and transporting of equipment and tools. Maintain clean receiving areas, downstairs storage areas, elevators, and dumpster areas. Ensure compliance with health and safety codes and policies. Other duties as assigned.