Attire: Pressed black dress shirt, black pants, black non slip shoes
Wear black non-slip shoes
Tasks to be performed:
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
Parking available, not free
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event server role refers to a front of house worker whose primary responsibility is to assist the guests in having a positive experience.
Event Server responsibilities:
Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service, carving stations, bartending, running food during events, buffets, plated, replenishing product and supplies in compliance with event standards. Set up china, glass and silverware according to established guidelines in a timely and efficient manner. Run food from the kitchen to the banquet hall on demand. Prepare side station for service. Lift trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. Up to 20-40lbs. Remain attentive to the customers throughout the entire dining experience, while adhering to/exceeding service standards. Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times observing all safety rules. Follow proper beverage handling procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.