Attire: Pressed black dress shirt, black pants, black non slip shoes
Wear black non-slip shoes
Tasks to be performed:
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
Parking available, not free
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event server role refers to a front of house worker whose primary responsibility is to assist the guests in having a positive experience.
Event Server responsibilities:
Greet and serve guests following company policies/procedures. Check quality and quantity of all banquet stock and equipment. Fold napkins, per banquet standards. Set tables according to service standards. Set all condiments (sugar, bread, lemons, creamers, etc.) and beverages. Ensure a sufficient supply of all flatware, glassware and china for service. Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas. Set up station with supplies and equipment. Take Guests’ food and beverage orders as needed. Retrieve all alcoholic beverage orders from bar as needed and serve to Guest in accordance with standards. Open wine/champagne bottles and serve in accordance with banquet standards. Serve all food courses and beverage items, clear each course and bus tables in accordance with standards. Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dish washing area. Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy. Maintain positive Guest relations at all times. Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, supervisors, co-workers and other departments. Follow supervisor’s instructions. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.