Attire: Black dress shirt, black pants, black shoes
Wear black non-slip shoes
● Review order confirmation sheets upon arrival on-site
● Manage set-up of all assigned catering events, placing food in the correct orientation
● Manage client-specific utensil and paperware needs
● Take notes while on-site of any equipment needs and communicate those needs to management
● Greet vendors at the delivery entrance of every client site
● Assist vendors with carrying items, as necessary
● Confirm that all items expected from vendors are received on-site
● Document quantities of food received
● Report inaccuracies of any vendor delivery immediately to appropriate contact
● Replenish food over time and switch items around if something is running out quickly
● Maintain cleanliness of food service area
● Maintain and store client site equipment; Keep storage area organized
● Engage with clients and recognize if there are questions, staying in-site of the client at all times
Parking available, not free
About Instawork Gigs
Instawork is the best place for hospitality workers to find temporary jobs on-demand.
From Michelin-star restaurants to small coffee shops, Instawork makes it easy for bartenders, cooks, servers, dishwashers and other experienced hospitality workers to find work at local businesses and earn up to $30/hr on a flexible schedule.
No interviews or paper resumes. Just book the gig in the app and show up to do the work.
Se habla español.
An event server role refers to a front of house worker whose primary responsibility is to assist the guests in having a positive experience.
Event Server responsibilities:
Greet guests as they arrive. Providing strong customer service, check on guests and ensure customer satisfaction. Placing tables and chairs, putting up decorations, and preparing serving stations, Ensure the event is properly set up for guests. Serve food and beverages, taking orders and offering dishes to guests, making sure that there is enough food for everyone. Collect used dishes and utensils from tables and return them to the dishwashing area and make sure that all dishes and utensils are clean before use. Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation in serving food, banquet servers ensure the area is clean and tidy. Clean up messes and spills during the event, wiping surfaces to keep the area presentable.